Brain Activities for Computer Day Name_____________________________
7th Grade Science Date_____________Period_________
Directions: Open this worksheet in a browser so you can just click on the links provided. A paper copy will be given to you to record your answers.
1. http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/jigp3.html Put this puzzle together in the least amount of time possible. Do only once. Write your time here: ________________
2. http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/jigbaw.html This is an extra one. Do only once. Time: ________
3. Play this game: http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/flash/million.html You may play it only one more time if you lose. Report the highest amount of money you have won if you play more than once. $____________.
4. Investigate 4 neurological and mental disorders of the nervous system. Scroll all the way down to the end of this page: http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/introb.html to find the diseases of the nervous system. Perhaps one of these might be a good topic for the human disease project (HDP) that will be assigned soon.
A. _____________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________
B. _____________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________
C. ____________________________________________________________________ _ ________________________________________________________________________
D. ____________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________
5. Optical illusions tease the brain in strange ways. Click http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/illusion/illusions.htm and study all of the illusions on this page. You can see more of them by going to the bottom of the page and seeing the rest of them. Which illusion of the 15 or 20 you look at do you like the best? Why? ______________
6. This is so good for your brain! Go to this page: http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/questions.htm and do as many brain teasers as you can until the bell rings.
Mr. S brainteaser: If your group started off with 10 colored pencils and you take away 7 of them, how many would you have? Give up?????
Write your own brainteaser like the ones you read on this page: